Daniel Levy ready to consider ‘serious’ Tottenham offer as US bidders emerge

Arsenal are Man City's closest title challengers | Football Digest

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has admitted that he would be willing to listen to any ‘serious proposition’ he receives to buy the north London club, amid reported interest from a group in America.

The Spurs chief has also indicated that he has no real desire to leave the Premier League outfit but recognises that he has a responsibility to act in the club’s best interests. He is certainly open to selling stakes.

As the public face of current owners ENIC, Levy has been in charge of day-to-day matters at Spurs since 2001. But despite rebuilding their original White Hart Lane ground and creating an ultra-modern stadium that rivals any across Europe, he has only been able to oversee a single major silverware triumph during his 22-year tenure – the League Cup in 2008.

Levy holds 30 per cent of ENIC’s shares in the club, with the Lewis Family Trust having the other 70 per cent. Overall, ENIC holds an 87 per cent stake in Spurs. Former majority shareholder Joe Lewis was charged with securities fraud in the US this summer. He was released on a £242million bail package after pleading not guilty.

Speaking to Bloomberg, Levy said: “We run this club as if it’s a public company. If anyone wants to make a serious proposition to the board of Tottenham we would consider it, along with our advisers, and if we felt it was in the interests of the club we would be open to anything.

“I’ve got no real interest to leave Tottenham, but I have a duty to consider anything that anyone may want to propose. It’s not about me, it’s about what’s right for the club.”

With a long-running Premier League status and a state-of-the-art stadium, Spurs are considered an appealing purchase option for would-be owners, particularly in America.

Don’t miss…
James Maddison’s car ‘banned’ from Tottenham training ground by Daniel Levy[LATEST]
Bellingham sends cheeky message to Diaz after ‘snatching’ goal[CHEEKY]
Michael Oliver makes Champions League howler during night to forget[NIGHTMARE]

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

A US banking source recently told the Telegraph: “Tottenham are always of interest if someone can finally get Daniel Levy down on price,” while another lender agreed and claimed that Spurs “are one of five easy sales here”.

The leading name to have been linked with a possible takeover is MSP Sports Capital, who were also reportedly interested in buying Everton before the Merseyside club struck a deal with 777 partners.

According to the Financial Times, MSP boss Jahm Najafi is rumoured to have had a £2.9billion bid for Tottenham rejected last year, with Levy understood to value the club at around £bn.

Source: Read Full Article