Patriots fan died after ‘three punches’ as wife heartbreakingly speaks out

Tom Brady comeback theories swirl for the New England Patriots

An NFL fan who attended the New England Patriots game on Sunday died after a fight with rival supporters, it has been claimed. Following the incident, Dale Mooney, 53, was taken to hospital from the Gillette Stadium where he passed away.

The father of two was from Newmarket, New Hampshire, and had held a Patriots season ticket for the last three decades. Reports claimed the spectator, who was sitting in the 300-level section of the stadium, required medical attention during the closing stages of the game.

But according to news outlet WCVB, an eye-witness named Joseph Kilmartin claimed Mooney, who was supporting the Patriots, was assaulted by a fan of the Miami Dolphins, who the former Super Bowl winners played this past weekend. “They started tussling around for a few minutes,” he said.

“At one point another Dolphins fan walked over. He punched him three times, and the man just went out. It was pretty hard to watch. It is sad and unfortunate.”

An investigation has been launched into the incident by the District Attorney’s office a spokesperson confirmed, which is part of “normal protocol.” A second anonymous witness told Boston 10: “One word I can really use is shocking. My thoughts go out to that man’s family. It’s awful what happened.” 

As it stands nobody has been charged for the incident. Mooney’s wife Lisa has been left devasted by the tragedy and she told WCVB: “I just feel numb I can’t even believe this is for real.

“I don’t understand why people have to go to that extreme. Why can’t it just be fun, that’s all it’s supposed to be, just a fun family event. I don’t know what happened… it takes a lot to get him mad.”

Don’t miss…
New England Patriots want to ditch Mac Jones in blockbuster NFL trade[LATEST]
Tom Brady moves step closer to giving New England Patriots contract wish[LATEST]
Belichick’s relationship with Jones speaks volumes about Brady[LATEST]

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Another fan in attendance suffered a cardiac arrest but was saved by two off-duty firefighters who conducted CPR for several minutes. He was resuscitated successfully. According to local Firefighters – Local 1706, the man had some food stuck in his throat.

“Firefighters were able to remove the food and began CPR after checking the fan’s airway and pulse,” Local 1706 wrote on Facebook. “The fan regained consciousness and Mark and Anthony stayed by their side until EMS arrived on the scene.”

On the field, the Patriots suffered their second successive defeat after the Dolphins triumphed 24-17. This is the first time the franchise has lost their first two games of the season since 2001. They will next be in action on Sunday when they take on the New York Jets.

Source: Read Full Article