Spurs: Mourinho provides Kane fitness update
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Italian giants Juventus will not pursue a move for Tottenham skipper Harry Kane this summer after the north London club slapped a £150million price tag on their star man, according to reports. The 27-year-old has been linked with a move away from Spurs for some time, with a number of clubs including Manchester United, Manchester City and Real Madrid said to be interested in his services as well as the Old Lady.
Kane has established himself as one of the best forwards in world football in recent seasons but remains yet to win a major trophy with Tottenham.
He has never explicitly revealed a desire to leave Spurs, but has repeatedly spoken of his intention to win titles before calling time on his career.
The striker has played a huge role for Jose Mourinho’s side this season, scoring 21 times and providing 14 assists in just 32 appearances in all competitions, averaging a goal contribution every 70 minutes.
Juventus are currently on the lookout for a new talisman to replace the mercurial Cristiano Ronaldo, with the Portuguese star having been tipped to leave the club in the near future to see out his career in the MLS.
It appears as though Kane would fit the bill given his prolific goalscoring record and leadership qualities, but the Serie A heavyweights could be forced to turn their attention elsewhere ahead of the summer transfer window.
JUST IN: Tottenham ace Son Heung-min sends Gareth Bale message to Jose Mourinho
According to Calciomercato, Juventus cannot afford to pay the £150m fee demanded by Tottenham in order to part ways with the England captain.
This means that they will drop out of the race for his signature, potentially leaving the door open for the likes of United and City, who are yet to rule out the possibility of a big-money transfer at the end of the campaign.
I Bianconeri were said to be interested in a move for Kane during pre-season, with reports claiming that the club were readying a bid, but ultimately no agreement was reached with Spurs.
It seems as if they will now switch their focus onto other attacking targets ahead of next season.
Kane was a notable absentee from Tottenham’s squad for Thursday evening’s Europa League victory over Wolfsburger in Budapest.
This sparked rumours that he may have suffered a recurrence of the ankle injuries picked up at Anfield last month, but Mourinho claimed after the final whistle that his omission was merely a precautionary measure.
The Portuguese boss also suggested that Kane will feature against West Ham United in the Premier League on Sunday.
When asked if the striker would be ready to play on the weekend, Mourinho told reporters: “I believe so, but [he is an] experienced guy that had injuries in the past, he knows his body better than anyone.
“He knows that I want him to play every minute of every game, so it’s never a question of a choice.
“I wanted to come here with the best team and the players that could give us more opportunities to win the game and get a good result, but he made the decision based on his feelings.
“His feelings were that to play this game could be a risk with the accumulation of minutes and the accumulation of minutes after the injury that he had.
“Of course, myself and the medical department, we agreed with him in giving him this opportunity to take care of his condition. But I believe on Sunday he will be OK and ready.”
Source: Read Full Article