Parker rages at "scandalous" decision to bring forward Tottenham vs Fulham clash

Fulham boss Scott Parker has laid into the Premier League for the decision to give his side just two days' notice before facing Tottenham.

The west Londoners' fixture against Spurs at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium had initially been scheduled to take place on December 30, only to be called off just hours before kick-off due to a number of positive Covid-19 tests in the Fulham camp.

Spurs had been due to face Aston Villa this Wednesday, but the Midlanders' own outbreak – which resulted in them fielding a youth team in the FA Cup against Liverpool on Friday – meant that they had to cancel that Premier League clash at Villa Park.

With Spurs suddenly granted a free midweek, it is believed that they were the ones who pushed for the Fulham game to be hastily rearranged and played this Wednesday, despite the Whites initially preparing to face Chelsea on Friday.

Parker says his side only found out they'd definitely be playing Tottenham on Monday morning, adding that he was extremely unhappy at the late notice given.

"The possibility of playing Spurs on Wednesday came on Saturday," said Parker.

"We didn’t think that was realistic and we were informed Monday morning at 9:30. To confirm that on Monday morning is scandalous.

"I accept we have to play the game, but it’s the notice."

Parker has criticised the football authorities for not fully preparing his team after the news from Aston Villa.

"Villa fielded an U18/23 team in the cup. Therefore their game vs Spurs is likely to get cancelled after their well documented Covid outbreak," he said.

"So tell us we could have a game. Be proactive. If we'd known last Thursday it wouldn't be a problem."

As a result of facing Spurs on Wednesday, Fulham's home clash with Chelsea has been pushed back 24 hours and will take place this Saturday.

Is the decision fair on Fulham? Have your say in the comments below

Sign up for the Mirror Football newsletter here

Source: Read Full Article