The latest transfer news and gossip on the players linked with Manchester City – and those who could leave the club.
- Transfer Centre
- Paper Talk
The latest players linked with a move to Manchester City…
Nnamdi Collins – The Borussia Dortmund starlet is set to sign a new deal at the Westfalenstadion despite interest from Manchester City and Chelsea (Bild, May 8)
Aster Vranckx – City will go head to head with Liverpool in the race to sign the highly-rated KV Mechelen midfielder (Daily Mirror, May 6)
Mohamed Ihattaren – City have joined Chelsea in pursuit of PSV’s highly-rated 18-year-old midfielder (Calciomercato, May 5)
Lucas Martinez Quarta – City are among the clubs interested in the services of Quarta. The River Plate defender has attracted the interest of several top European clubs (Chinese national online news service, May 4)
Nelson Semedo – Manchester City have offered cash and Joao Cancelo for Barcelona right-back Semedo (Sport, May 1)
Other players recently linked with a move to the Etihad Stadium…
- Ben White (The Athletic, April 28)
- Facundo Pellistri (Goal, April 28)
- Leonardo Bonucci (The Sun, April 27)
- Ruben Dias (Daily Star, April 25)
- Saul Niguez (Daily Mirror, April 24)
- Milan Skriniar (Daily Express, April 22)
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Le10sport, April 21)
- Kluiverth Aguilar (The Sun, April 20)
- Raul Jimenez (ESPN, April 20)
- Dayot Upamecano (Sky Sports, April 14)
- Lautaro Martinez (Sunday Express, April 12).
- Jonathan Tah (90min, April 11).
- Houssem Aouar (Daily Mirror, April 8).
- Lucas Martinez (Calciomercato, April 5).
- Raphael Varane (Daily Star, April 4).
- Douglas Costa (Calcio Mercato, April 4).
- Harry Kane (Daily Mail, April 1).
- David Alaba (The Sun, March 27)
- Ferran Torres (Corriere dello Sport, March 26)
- James Rodriguez (Don Balon, March 25)
- Malick Thiaw (Daily Mail, March 25)
- Sandro Tonali (Corriere dello Sport, March 24)
The latest on players linked with a Man City exit…
Leroy Sane – Bayern Munich’s pursuit has ramped up after head coach Hansi Flick held telephone conversations with the Man City winger (SportBild, April 29); Bayern Munich remain determined to sign Leroy Sane from Manchester City this summer despite the financial implications of the coronavirus pandemic (Sky in Germany, May 1).
Bayern Munich have made a £35m bid for Sane after agreeing terms on a five-year deal with the City winger (Daily Mirror, May 6); City have insisted they have yet to receive an offer for Sane from Bayern Munich and are prepared to allow the Germany international to enter the final year of his contract. (May 7, The Guardian)
Kevin De Bruyne – The Belgian has hinted he may have to leave Manchester City if their two-year ban from Champions League football is upheld by CAS
Patrick Roberts – Middlesbrough manager Jonathan Woodgate says he would love to re-sign loanee Roberts next season if circumstances allow. Roberts joined Manchester City from Fulham five years ago, but his 61 starts since have come on loan, at Celtic, Girona, Norwich and Middlesbrough (Yorkshire Evening Post, May 4)
Other players recently linked with a move away from City…
- Sergio Aguero (Daily Mirror, April 15)
- Joao Cancelo (Daily Telegraph, April 10)
- Gabriel Jesus (Calciomercato, March 25; Calciomercato, April 3)
- Angelino (Kicker, April 9)
- David Silva (The Athletic, April 9)
- John Stones (Daily Star, March 28)
- Jayden Braaf (Daily Express, March 16)
- Riyad Mahrez (The Sun, March 17)
- Yan Couto (Daily Express, March 19)
The latest Manchester City contract talk…
Kevin de Bruyne – The Belgium international is set to hold talks over a new contract at the Etihad Stadium (Daily Mail, May 5)
Sergio Aguero – City’s all-time leading scorer has refused to rule out a return to Spain when he contract at the Etihad expires in 2021 (El Chiringuito, May 2)
Source: Read Full Article