Man Utd star Edinson Cavani ‘furious and puzzled’ after coming off against Everton

Man Utd: Forlan names who Cavani would thrive alongside

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Manchester United hitman Edinson Cavani is ‘furious and puzzled’ with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after coming off against Everton, it has been claimed. The Uruguay international was given his first start of the campaign. However, he was withdrawn and eventually replaced with Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United decided to gamble against Everton on Saturday.

Despite Ronaldo being the hero against Villarreal just days previously, the Red Devils opted to leave him on the bench.

Instead, United started with Cavani. Yet after being on the field for an hour, he was then withdrawn.

And former Sky Sports anchorman Richard Keys, writing in his personal blog, has claimed the Uruguay international was ‘puzzled and furious’ with the decision.

“Solskjaer started his best centre-forward, but strangely chose to withdraw him after an hour,” he said.

THINK YOU KNOW SPORT? Test your sporting knowledge with our tricky quiz

“I’ve no idea why – but more significantly – Cavani was both puzzled and furious.

“My mole working near the dugouts tells me he stormed past Solskjaer when he came off, but quickly changed his mind about ignoring the manager and shook hands.

“But make no mistake — he wasn’t happy and there’s trouble brewing there.”

This development comes at a time where Cavani is being linked with a move away from Old Trafford, despite signing a new contract back in May.

He’d originally had plans to return to South America with Boca Juniors before then.

DON’T MISS

Ronaldo may block Man Utd from hiring Conte

Conte’s comments on Tottenham job with Nuno under fire

Latest Guendouzi antics show Arsenal were right to sell

However, Cavani then decided to stay put after Solskjaer gave him more opportunities as the main man down the middle.

With Ronaldo now on board, though, the 34-year-old is facing a fight to get into Solskjaer’s starting XI on a regular basis.

Barcelona were linked with the South American on transfer deadline day, only for the striker to end up staying put.

And, since then, rumours backing him to join Real Madrid have arisen.

Cavani was recently asked about his future but the veteran kept his cards close to his chest, saying: “The season is just starting I can’t talk.

“They talk and they will always continue talking, and the press is like that too, they talk and they have to sell.

“Those [the arrivals of Ronaldo and Jadon Sancho] are things that happen.

“A lot of debate is created, but football is football and you don’t have to turn it around too much, it’s not because one or the other is there, the important thing is to be prepared for when it’s your turn, you always want to play, he wants to be there forever, but that is not going to change my way of thinking or acting.”

Former United star Dimitar Berbatov, meanwhile, recently suggested Cavani was ‘unhappy’.

“Cavani is probably unhappy,” said the Bulgarian.

“He had a great first season at United and how he’s dropped down the pecking order and lost his number seven shirt.

“I hope Ole has had an honest conversation with Cavani about his plans for the team.

“As a player in this situation, you understand that the manager’s job is to pick the best team, but you always want to play and become unhappy when you’re left out.”

Source: Read Full Article