First look inside Serie A training as Bologna players arrive in facemasks while respecting social distancing measures as Italian sides are given green light to return after government ease lockdown measures
- Serie A sides were given the green light to return to training by the government
- Bologna players were pictured training on Tuesday wearing facemasks
- Sinisa Mihajlovic’s men obeyed social distancing measures during the session
- Juventus also trained as Italy’s top-flight side gear up for football’s return
- Italian officials are unsure if the current campaign will return as of yet
Bologna’s first team players returned to training on Tuesday as Sinisa Mihajlovic’s men geared up for football’s return in Italy.
Forward Federico Santander and winger Riccardo Orsolin acknowledged the Italian press as they made their way to the club’s training ground while wearing facemasks and wearing gloves.
The Italian side trained individually on their return before working in two groups of 12 over four separate fields.
Bologna winger Riccardo Orsolin gives a thumbs up to photographers after arriving at training
Forward Federico Santander also waved for the cameras while wearing a facemask
Santander warms up by himself as Bologna players obey social distancing measures
Bologna confirmed their team’s return in a statement on Tuesday.
‘These are individual sessions in accordance with the requirements of the government’s guidelines,’ said Bologna. ‘Training will continue in the same way in the coming days.’
Serie A clubs were given the thumbs up to head back to training from the start of this week, but there is still no guarantee of the domestic campaign actually resuming as the Italian government attempts to tackle the disease and prevent cases soaring.
Players are set to follow a number of European clubs in training individually to reduce the possible spread of the coronavirus before starting group sessions at a later date.
Andrea Poli (left) and Nicolas Martin Dominguez (right) also trained by themselves
There have been rising tensions over plans to resume the footballs season in Italy, which currently has more than 210,000 infections and nearly 30,000 fatalities.
Sports ministry and Italian football federation (FIGC) officials are expected to meet this week to discuss medical guidelines for team training sessions and matches.
The FIGC has drawn up a detailed protocol for team training but it was criticised as insufficient by sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora last week.
There have been some suggestions over the last month that matches should be held at neutral venues in less affected regions to cut down on travelling and reduce the risk of infection.
Earlier on Tuesday, the mayors of Cagliari and Palermo both said in separate radio interviews that their cities would be happy to host Serie A matches as neutral venues.
The Italian side trained individually on their return before working in two groups of 12
Serie A clubs were given the thumbs up to head back to training from the start of this week
‘We are ready to host the matches if possible, obviously behind closed doors,’ said Cagliari mayor Paolo Truzzu. ‘It would be an honour for Cagliari and an opportunity to help the entire economic fabric that is suffering today.’
Palermo mayor Leoluca Orlando said that the Sicilian city would be ‘prepared to host more games.’
Sassuolo’s general manager Giovanni Carnevali said he agreed with the idea.
‘Once you are behind closed doors, all stadiums are pretty much the same,’ he told Radio 24. ‘We are so eager to get going again that our athletes are ready to accept a very long training retreat so they can limit travelling and contact.’
Parma and Sampdoria are expected to start training on Wednesday, AS Roma, Lazio, AC Milan and Inter Milan on Thursday and Napoli on Friday.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article