Ferdinand warns Man Utd boss Solskjaer that Pogba ‘impossible’ to replace

Former Manchester United star Rio Ferdinand reckons Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must keep hold of Paul Pogba this summer.

The French World Cup winner has faced an uncertain future at Old Trafford ever since he said he was open to a 'new challenge' ahead of the 2019/20 season.

The midfielder also endured a frustrating campaign before lockdown, with injury reducing him to just eight appearances under Solskjaer.

But the former Juventus star has been in impressive season since the season restarted, playing a key role in the Crystal Palace win on Thursday night to extend United's unbeaten run to 19 games.

And former United defender Ferdinand has urged United chiefs to extend Pogba's contract, which runs until the summer of 2021.

“I’ve seen a lot of people, a lot of fans, a lot of pundits say they have to get rid of him if they want to improve," Ferdinand told  BT Sport  ahead of United's win at Crystal Palace.

"Man United have not seen the best of Paul Pogba. We’re beginning to see it now. It’s fashionable.

"What I’m saying is now they’re beginning to see what he’s about, potentially what he could’ve been when they signed him.

"Now they’re gonna start seeing that. Why sell him now? If you’re going to replace him, who? Who’s actually better than him and gettable in the world right now? It’s nigh-on impossible. Keep him.

"He’s on a good run of form right now, it’s only a few games, yes.”

Manchester United recovered from a slow start to remain in the hunt for Champions League qualification with a 2-0 win at Crystal Palace on Thursday.

Marcus Rashford opened the scoring in first-half stoppage time and he also produced a wonderful piece of skill to help Anthony Martial wrap up the contest late on.

It ensured the Red Devils moved back level on points with fourth-placed Leicester, who were able to get the better of Sheffield United earlier in the day.

Source: Read Full Article