Blackpool 3-3 Oxford (6-3 agg): Tangerines ease into League One play-off final as Elliot Embleton, Kenny Dougall and Jerry Yates strikes seal victory in entertaining second leg
- Blackpool eased into League One Play-off final after 3-3 (6-3 agg) vs Oxford
- Matt Taylor appeared to set up nervy encounter when he fired inside 10 minutes
- Elliot Embleton and Kenny Dougall scored quickfire double immediately after
- Rob Atkinson gave Oxford a glimmer of hope with an early header in second half
- But Pool hit back straight away once again through Jerry Yates’ cool finish
Blackpool booked their spot in the League One play-off final after an entertaining 3-3 draw secured a 6-3 aggregate victory over Oxford at Bloomfield Road.
After a 3-0 victory in the first leg, It appeared as though an Oxford comeback could be on the cards after Matt Taylor struck just seven minutes in, but the Tangerines hit back immediately with a stunning quickfire double from Elliot Embleton and Kenny Dougall.
An early Rob Atkinson header gave Oxford another glimmer of hope in the second half, but once again conceded straight away as Jerry Yates fired home to put Blackpool firmly in control.
More to follow.
An Elliot Embleton stunner helped Blackpool seal their place in the League One play-off final
Kenny Dougall also struck early on as they sealed a comfortable victory at Bloomfield Road
Matt Taylor appeared to set up potential comeback after firing inside 10 minutes for Oxford
The Tangerines welcomed back fans back to Bloomfield Road for the first time this season
Jerry Yates put Blackpool firmly in control once again after early Oxford goal in second half
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article