Turkish Grand Prix LIVE: Can Lewis Hamilton chase down Max Verstappen from 11th place after engine penalty and stop Red Bull driver from going top of Formula One rankings?
- Lewis Hamilton will start the Turkish Grand Prix in 11th in the grid this Sunday
- The F1 rankings leader finished first in qualifying but has a ten-place penalty
- Valtteri Bottas will start Sunday’s race in front next to Red Bull’s Max Verstappen
- Hamilton leads Verstappen by two points after winning the Russian GP
- Latest Formula One news, including live action and results
Lewis Hamilton will have to defend top spot at the Formula One rankings with an 11th place start on the grid at this Sunday’s Turkish Grand Prix.
Hamilton took pole position in Saturday’s qualifying but a 10-place grid engine penalty will put him behind his title rival Max Verstappen when the lights go green.
The Briton’s Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas will start at the top of the pack with Red Bull’s Verstappen alongside him. The Dutchman is two points behind Hamilton in the rankings so victory would be critical in this thrilling F1 title race.
Follow Sportsmail’s JEORGE BIRD for live coverage of the Turkish Grand Prix, including build-up, lap-by-lap updates and result.
The starting grid.
Good afternoon and welcome to our live coverage of the Turkish Grand Prix.
Source: Read Full Article