Mike Tyson CONFIRMS plans to fight again in February as he sits ringside to watch Canelo Alvarez beat Caleb Plant… amid reports Logan Paul – but NOT Jake Paul – could be his opponent
- Mike Tyson has doubled-down on his desire to fight again next February
- The legendary heavyweight fought Roy Jones Jr in an exhibition last year
- Tyson revealed his plans while watching Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant ringside
- No opponent is confirmed as of yet, though reports state it could be Logan Paul
Mike Tyson has confirmed his desire to return to the ring in February next year, doing so while watching Canelo Alvarez defeat Caleb Plant in their undisputed clash.
The legendary heavyweight was ringside during an historic evening in Las Vegas, as the current pound-for-pound No1 became the first-ever undisputed super middleweight champion with an 11th-round stoppage win against the previously unbeaten Plant.
The 55-year-old – once an undisputed champion himself – was present for much of the build-up to the undisputed clash, and he was in attendance once more on Saturday night, where he confirmed his impending plans.
Mike Tyson, now 55, has confirmed he intends to return to the ring in February next year
The legendary heavyweight was in attendance as Canelo Alvarez defeated Caleb Plant
Tyson made his comeback after 15 years out of the ring against fellow Hall of Famer Roy Jones Jr in November last year in an eight-round exhibition bout, with the pair both displaying flashes – in parts – of what made them such formidable opponents.
‘Iron Mike’ plans a much swifter turnaround between fights this time, however.
Revealing his intentions during an interview with Showtime, Tyson said: ‘God willing I’ll fight again in February.’
Tyson doubled-down on claims he made during a recent interview with The Sun, in which he stated: ‘I am going to have a return fight in February and we are pretty skeptical about the opponent, but it will be a really stimulating opponent.’
Just who Tyson will share the ring with remains to be seen, for now, but several reports have touted a potential match-up with Logan Paul.
The YouTuber-turned boxer went the distance during an eight-round exhibition bout against Floyd Mayweather in June this year and has spoken on numerous occasions about the prospect of facing Tyson next.
YouTuber Daniel Keem, better known as Keemstar, who runs the channel Drama Alert, previously stated that it will in fact be Paul who takes on Tyson in February next year.
Tyson made his return after 15 years out of the ring against fellow legend Roy Jones Jr in an eight-round exhibition bout in November last year
Logan Paul (left) went the distance with Floyd Mayweather in their eight-round exhibition
Tyson has spoken of a potential match-up with the Paul brothers in the past, insisting the money involved would make it a genuine possibility.
‘That is the fight for the money. Those are the money-making fights, those guys got 35 million people to watch,’ he said in 2020.
‘Yes. Hell, I would fight them. They would fight me. That would make a lot of money. Hundred million dollars, they do anything, they don’t mind getting beat up for a hundred million dollars.’
More recently in October, Tyson revealed that he would not fight Jake Paul, however, though insisting he would knock the American out if he did.
Jake has gone down a different route to his brother Logan, with the 24-year-old set to take on Tommy Fury on December 18 in what will be his fifth professional outing.
‘My family loves Jake Paul. So f***ing easy (I would knock him out). Yeah, but I never would,’ Tyson said on the Full Send Podcast.
‘I would be against my own f***ing family. They love this little white motherf***er. You know what I mean? He has f***ing balls.’
Tyson insists he won’t fight Logan’s brother Jake, who takes on Tommy Fury on December 18
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article