The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
Conor McGregor has told Dustin Poirier that their trilogy bout, set for July, is “off”.
The two have met twice before, each winning one, with Poirier getting the better of McGregor in their most recent bout in January.
Prior to UFC 257, McGregor said he would donate $500,000 to Poirier's charity though the Diamond has suggested that money has never arrived.
McGregor had said he was waiting plans for where the money would go before making the transfer.
Though the Irishman appears to have been fed up with the war of the words, and hit out at Poirier, insisting their fight on July 10 is now off.
McGregor wrote on social media: “You’re ripped you inbred hillbilly. Why do you wink with your ears? You f***ing brain dead hillbilly.
“500k with no plan in place. Ye hang tight. Fool. You must be new to money.
“The fight is off btw. I’m going to fight someone else on the 10th. Good luck on your old contract kid.”
Poirier responded to McGregor with a gif of the moment he scored a stunning TKO victory over him earlier this year.
UFC president Dana White will hope McGregor can be won back round having previously praised Poirier for taking the fight.
White said: "Dustin wants the rematch (with McGregor). It's smart, that's what he should do. He should take the rematch, take that fight. It's a big fight for him.
"[The] kid's worked hard his whole life, his whole career to be in a position like this and that's the fight you take.
"We've been in positions like this before with others who have made the mistake of not taking that fight, and it's the biggest mistake of their lives."
READ MORE: Punter misses out on incredible £90,000 bet due to Scott McTominay VAR decision
READ MORE: Neymar caught watching illegal stream with X-rated images of women popping up
- Conor Mcgregor
Source: Read Full Article