‘I want to fight against Manny Pacquiao… why doesn’t Qatar host?’: Amir Khan calls out former training partner for huge post-coronavirus bout in the Middle East
- Amir Khan is looking ahead to his next fight after coronavirus pandemic ends
- He has called out Manny Pacquiao for a money-spinning fight in the Middle East
- Khan says Pacquiao – an ex-training partner – is the ‘champion’ and he wants bout
- Brit has not fought since beating Billy Dib with ease in Saudi Arabia last summer
- Learn more about how to help people impacted by COVID
British boxing hero Amir Khan has called out Manny Pacquiao to fight him in a huge post-coronavirus bout in Qatar.
Khan, now 33, has not fought since beating Billy Dib in Saudi Arabia last summer and is now chasing his next pay-day against a far more difficult opponent.
‘I like to box… I’d love to continue boxing, and whenever I see my trophies and my achievements, it boosts me even more [to continue in the sport].’ he told beIN Sports.
Amir Khan (pictured) has called out Manny Pacquiao for a big fight in the Middle East
Khan has not fought since beating Billy Dib but is now eyeing a huge bout in coming months
‘I want to reach the level that I can fight against anyone without fearing anything. I want to fight against Manny Pacquiao, he’s the champion.
‘Why don’t Qatar host the event, as it’s already prepared for the 2022 World Cup? I love Qatar and I loved my last stay there.’
Pacquiao has previously been a training partner of Khan’s, but now the Brit wants to take on one of boxing’s greats in an official bout.
Pacquiao (right) has fought British opposition before having knocked out Ricky Hatton
Pacquiao last fought Keith Thurman in August and is yet to set up his next big fight
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article