Tiger Woods’ family updates fans on condition and say he’s in ‘good spirits’

Tiger Woods' family have issued an update on his condition after he was involved in a horrific car crash in LA.

The golf legend is being treated at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and has received follow-up procedures for his injuries, his family have said.

He suffered serious injuries which threaten to end his legendary golfing career.

The 15-times Major winner reportedly told friends "it can't end like this", according to a source.

The dad underwent surgery for two open fractures, a shattered ankle as well as other injuries following the accident earlier this week.

His family have now announced his follow-up treatment has been successful.

On the star's official twitter account, a statement reads: "Tiger has moved to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and received follow-up procedures on his injuries this morning.

"The procedures were successful, and he is now recovering and in good spirits.

"Tiger and his family want to thank you all for the wonderful support and messages they have received over the past few days.

"We will not have any further updates at this time.

"Thank you for your continued privacy."

  • Golf icon Tiger Woods may be facing one battle he simply can't overcome

Woods underwent surgery at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center after being pulled from his car following his crash in Rancho Palos Verdes, Los Angeles County on Tuesday.

He endured open fractures to his tibia and fibula and further injuries to his foot and ankle, they were stabilised with a metal rod, screws and pins.

He was moved to the new facility on Monday, a level one trauma centre with a reputation for athletes in rehab.

Top trending sport stories right now

  • England star 'loves sleeping pills'
  • Jockey 'took cocaine four times a week'
  • Wilder goes on 'lefties' rant
  • VanZant shares naked snap on bed
  • Woods was told by doctors 'he is lucky to be alive' after the crash, and faces huge challenges to resurrect his golf career.

    However, he vowed to make a return to the golf course, according to close friends.

    He made the promise as his girlfriend Erica Herman, agent Mark Steinberg and caddie Joe LaCava all visited him in his hospital bed.

    A source close to Woods added that the 45-year-old was "frustrated" and told People magazine: “He doesn’t want his career to end like this.

    • Tiger Woods horror car crash sent NBA star Stephen Curry into 'a dark place'

    The unnamed source said: “This is a massive setback, and he knows it, but he’s overcome obstacles in the past and thinks he can do it again.”

    A surgeon told The Sun it would be at least three months before he is able to put weight on his foot.

    “With fractures of this sort in the lower extremities, it takes about three months to heal enough to fully bear weight," PGA Tour golfer Mallon and orthopedic surgeon said.

    Source: Read Full Article