Campaigns to get Britain cycling are gaining momentum, as the Government urges Brits to avoid public transport where possible. One such campaign is the Big Bike Revival, which is offering funding and support to Key Workers to help them cycle to work.
Those who arrive in central London at mainline stations are being asked to complete their journey by walking or cycling, rather than changing onto a Tube train or bus.
With people considering changing their travel habits, many are now purchasing bikes and equipment for their daily commutes.
There is a wealth of information on the best bike for you, cycling rules and routes – but where can you buy affordable cycling gear?
Lidl – from Sunday, May 24 – have deals on a host of accessories, from helmets to gloves, jerseys and bike pumps.
Read More: Bike chain: How to fix your bike chain
- Bike chain: Can you use WD40 on a bike chain?
Here are some of the best deals on cycling gear from Lidl. Click here to see more.
Crivit Bike Chain Lock – £16.99
This steel bike chain lock has strong casing and rubberised grips, making it easy to secure your bike each day.
- Made from steel
- Solid 9.5mm chain links
- 100cm long for flexibility
- Strong casing and rubberised grips
- Easy locking mechanism –includes 2 keys
- Total length: 100cm
Crivit Sports Glasses – £6.99
Keep the sun, wind and rain out of your eyes while cycling with these sports glasses.
Featuring three different lens types for all lighting conditions, and orange lenses with an anti-fog coating these are perfect for any cyclist.
- Ultra-lightweight with 100 percent UV protection (UVA and UVB) as per EN ISO 12312-1:2013
- With 3 interchangeable pairs of lenses for all lighting conditions
- Shatterproof, scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses
- Orange lenses with anti-fog coating
- Includes a sturdy hard case, additional microfibre pouch and spare nose pads
Cycling for weight loss: Can you lose weight cycling? [INSIGHT]
Cycling: Can you listen to music while cycling? [EXPLAINED]
Cycling: What insurance do you need if you are planning to cycle? [INSIGHT]
- Bradley Wiggins: Why is British cycling legend splitting from wife?
Crivit 20L Cycling Rucksack – £9.99
Keep your lunch, work clothes and valuables safe when you cycle in this 20L backpack with headphone opening, side mesh pockets and adjustable chest, hip and carry straps.
- Ergonomic carrying system with back padding
- Pocket for 1L hydration packs and tube guide
- Adjustable chest, hip and carry straps
- Spacious main compartment plus additional front pocket
- With helmet holder inside a separate front pocket plus rain cover inside a separate base pocket
- Headphone opening
- Side mesh pockets
- Reflective details
- Capacity: 20L
- 3-year warranty
Crivit Bike Workstand – £24.99
If you need to do some repairs, change a wheel or just clean your bike using a bike work stand can be an easy way to see what you’re doing.
With an adjustable height, this saves bending over, has a stable four-leg base and a tool tray with built in magnetic compartment.
- Practical and sturdy bike repair stand
- Adjustable height: for working heights from 1.07–1.88m
- Quick-release claw with a non-slip profile which won’t scratch paintwork – bike bracket can be rotated 360º
- Bracket fits all common frame diameters 25–55mm
- Extendable arm secures the handlebar for front wheel repairs
- With 4 legs for stability – can also be anchored to the floor
- Tool tray with built-in magnetic compartment
- Quick-release for easy set-up, folds for spacesaving storage
- Also suitable for e-bikes
- Includes hex key for assembly
- Size (assembled): H1.98 x W1.04m
- Max. load capacity: 30kg
- 3-year warranty
Crivit Adults’ Cycling Gloves – £3.99
Protect your hands when you cycle with these non slip silicone print gloves with padded palms.
- Padded palms with non-slip silicone print
- Hook and loop fastener with a stylish print for adjusting the fit
- Middle and ring finger with a reflective tab for taking gloves off easily
- Thumb with absorbent towelling
- Flexible LYCRA back
Source: Read Full Article